Statistics on Local Search Traffic Paid vs Organic
A frequent comment we hear from clients is that organic search outperforms paid search, or PPC. Let’s look at the numbers.
- 85% of the visible page, “above-the-fold” goes to paid search
- Sponsored listings, the top three spots in Google Search get 41% of all traffic
- 45% of people are unaware of the difference between paid ad and an organic listing
- 64.6% of people click on Google Ads when they are looking to buy an item online.
- Only 14.5% of space “above-the-fold” is organic search.
- Total click through rates are 600 times higher in Google ads vs Facebook ads
Because Google changes their algorithm regularly there is no one strategy that will achieve SERP (search engine results page) success for everyone. The fine folks over at VirtualHosting.com have compiled the awesome infographic that overviews today’s today’s local search traffic and what it means to be on page one of search results. Getting there is a topic for a different post.